Saturday, August 15, 2009

Blake Murri

I met Gary in the 2nd grade (at Riverside elementary) shortly after my family moved to Idaho Falls. He made me feel welcome, and we quickly became best friends. Gary was always full of life, and he made me laugh. We had countless sleepovers, and shared with each other our deepest thoughts. I learned a lot about life from Gary, including the value of a strong work ethic.
Gary and I continued to correspond with one another as our lives went in different directions. I could always count on Gary to send an annual Christmas card and letter, and an occasional photo. I could see the love that Gary had for his family through those letters. Through the photos, I enjoyed seeing his daughters grow up to be beautiful young women. They were Gary's pride and joy.
I will miss my old best friend! My condolences go out to Laura and "the girls", to Rick, to Melanie, and to Gary's parents.

~

Blake Murri

No comments:

Post a Comment