Saturday, August 15, 2009

Lori Tanner

I had a crush on Gary when we were teenagers, and we never dated, but remained friends forever and I'm really going to miss him. Back in the late 90's, I can remember him calling me one day out of the blue,hadn't talk to him in years, and it was a day I was really depressed, down about life and my many challenges, I had been crying pretty hard, and he turned my day around instantly. He started talking about some self help conference he was going to about self worth or something, I think he sent me a brochure on it. Now, I wish I could have returned the favor, our family loved him.

He went out of his way to get my son the watch he wanted for his mission, and even hand delivered it to the mission office when it came in, and of course gave us a great discount. Last month we were suppose to get in touch with him, cause we were coming to town, I emailed him I was coming, but I didn't, because my time was so short, now I wished that I would of. I really owe him a lot.

We wrote when he was on his mission, I still have the letters, he was always upbeat and funny, I loved to laugh with him. I am so sorry to see him go, he was a special friend, one in a million. Love you lots Gary.

~

Lori Tanner

No comments:

Post a Comment