Sunday, August 23, 2009

Popcorn with Papa

This is a post from my blog. I posted it in February 2008, but it is a fun memory of my Dad so I thought I'd share it.

Popcorn with Papa

A couple months ago my Dad brought home some popcorn to pop with Halle, it's the jiffy pop that you pop on the stove top. The other day Marc and I were deciding what we wanted to do and I said I just want to watch a movie and eat some popcorn and as soon as I said it Halle said "pocorn, Papa! pocorn Papa!" So I was at target today and saw jiffy pop and decided to get it since Halle loved to pop it with Papa. When I got home I showed it to Halle and told her we would go up to Papa's to pop it. She was so excited! When we got to my parents she came inside yelling "Papa way you (where you)?" He was upstairs napping so we had to go wake him up because she could hardly wait one more second. They started popping it on the stove and Papa would shake it and then turn to handle to Halle to let her shake it, then Halle would shake it and turn it to Papa and say "oo (your) turn". She had so much fun with Papa.

1 comment:

  1. McKenzie,
    Thanks for posting this...Our family has a great tradition of enjoying popcorn:) Just wanted to send my love to all of you today and remember Gary on his birthday! He is missed so much by so many. My heart if full today as I ponder on the many blessings he brought to my life. Know how much I love each of you and miss my big brother.

    ReplyDelete