Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Halle Enslow

Halle Bug loves her Papa so much! Whenever we would go over to their house she would run in the door and yell for Noa (Laura) and Papa, she would run straight to Papa's office to greet him. I asked her what she liked to to the most with her Papa, and she said "I love my Papa!" and then she said "I help him his homework, and you said no Mom, that's not nice." What she meant was she loved to help my Dad in his office, one day they spent all this time making letters for everyone. Halle would type on the computer, they'd print it out, fold it, staple it, and write the persons name on it. They made six of them, one for each person there. And of course I was the mean mom that was trying to get Halle out of the office so Papa could work. Papa would stop work and let Halle "help" him with anything and get away with things that her mom wouldn't, what every Papa should do, right? Papa gave Halle her first motorcycle ride. (and my first heart attack. :) ) Halle also loved to sit on Papa's lap on his chair in the family room and help him eat his popcorn. She would always wrap her little arms around his neck and give him a big hug and tell him that she loves him. She will miss her Papa but knows he's with the angels now.

1 comment:

  1. I never got to see him with his grandkids and your sharing this tender sentiment allows me to see this side of him. I can just see Gary doing that. He spoiled everyone in his life.

    ReplyDelete