Saturday, July 25, 2009

Mark Olsen

I want to send Gary’s family my love and condolences for the passing of their father and husband. Gary was a great man. When I met him and Laura for the first time he let me know how important family was. I was dating his sister Melanie and he told me that she was his pride and joy and that I needed to treat her with love and respect. I know that Gary loved his sister, brothers and parents.

Over the years I witnessed Gary’s love for his family. We shared many memories together, including several boating trips. I remember the first time he let me drive his boat, he was patient as I pulled him on the ski. I only got to drive once that trip because I almost drowned him and drove into another boat. The rest of the trip Laura took over when he wanted to ski. After much patient and practice he let me drive again.

For many years Gary provided me with watches. He frequently teased that he wanted me to become a “watch tester” because I was so hard on the watches. Once he gave me an off brand watch to see if it would last longer, it broke the next day.

We as a family will miss you, Gary. I will always look up to you as a brother and a friend. I look forward to the day when we meet and embrace again.

Love,

Mark Olsen

P.S. Gary I will try and live up the commitment I made 29 years ago of taking care of your little sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment