Saturday, July 25, 2009

Rachel Gentry Bott

I don't think I have one childhood memory without the Clark family in it. We spent many vacations, holidays, and weekends together. One of my favorite memories though was one day when Gary and my dad Kurt took all the girls up skiing to Brighton. On the last run of the day, Gary and my dad decided they wanted to do a different route and told us to just meet them at the bottom of the hill. There were six of us together, so I am sure they thought we were safe. However, we got lost and they waited and waited and waited. Finally when it started to get dark, they called the ski patrol. Once we were found we were returned to our dad's. They thought it was so funny having all six girls screaming and yelling at them for losing us. Gary cracked jokes all the way home too. They obviously didn't learn their lesson because a few weeks later, Gary and my dad took us skiing and lost us again. We really learned our way around those hills at Brighton by the end of the season.

I don't ever remember a time with the Clark family that we weren't laughing or enjoying ourselves. Every time I would go over to the Clark's, Gary would call me his little girlfriend. He had a way of making you feel comfortable. I always felt at home with their family.

Gary is truly going to be missed. We love you Clark girls!

Rachel Gentry Bott
Family friend and neighbor.

No comments:

Post a Comment